A downloadable tool for Windows, macOS, and Linux
FamiStudio - NES Music Editor
FamiStudio is a very simple, DAW-style, music editor for the Nintendo Entertainment System. It is designed for both chiptune enthusiasts and the NES homebrew community.
- Modern DAW-style UI with piano roll, no hexadecimal anywhere
- Instrument & Envelope edition
- DPCM Sample Editor
- NSF import
- Full Undo/Redo support
- Copy & Paste support
- Note drag & drop with audio preview
- Import from FamiTracker FTM & Text (official 0.4.6)
- Export to various formats (WAV, ROM, NSF, FamiTone2, FamiStudio Text, FamiTracker Text)
- Volume, fine pitch, vibrato effect tracks
- Slide notes (portamento)
- NES sound engine (CA65, NESASM, ASM6)
- MIDI input support
- MIDI import/export
- Audio expansions supported: VRC6, VRC7, FDS, MMC5, Namco 163 & Sunsoft S5B.
- Windows, MacOS and Linux versions.
Here is a 1 hour tutorial that will teach you how to make a song from scratch
For updates, source code and documentation, please visit www.famistudio.org.
Simply download and run the installer (.msi). If you get a security warning simple click "More Info..." and discard the warning. A shortcut to FamiStudio and the included demo songs will be added to your Start Menu. You will need install the VS2015 runtime (x86) which you can download here.
Download and uncompress the file anywhere and the launch FamiStudio app. The demo songs and included in the zip. The app is unsigned and might require you to ignore a few warning and you may need to grant it a few permissions if you are running Catalina.
A FlatHub build is also available for a simpler installation.
If installing from the ZIP file, please check out the documentation for the Linux installation procedure.
- FamiStudio 3.1.1 Hotfix69 days ago
- FamiStudio 3.1.080 days ago
- FamiStudio 3.0.2 HotfixJun 28, 2021
- FamiStudio 3.0.1 HotfixJun 17, 2021
- FamiStudio 3.0.0Jun 01, 2021
- FamiStudio 2.4.0Mar 08, 2021
- FamiStudio 2.3.2 HotfixJan 18, 2021
- FamiStudio 2.3.0 - New TutorialJan 03, 2021